More Important Camp Details
As teachers of physical fitness and movement, of school aged children, we are committed to the running of a series of programs which help kids develop physically, cognitively and emotionally, but most importantly, build and nurture self confidence and self-esteem through the many skills and experiences they will enjoy at our Basketball Camp.
We aim to provide unique Basketball Camp where all campers participate in positive and supportive environment - regardless of ability - and a culture where all kids feel they have the opportunity and chance to succeed.
Camp Check-in: First day at 8.30am
Camp Hours are: 9.00am - 4.00pm each day. Aftercare available till 5.30pm, please advise SCA Head Office if required at time of registration.
Camp Check-out: There will be a 20 minute graduation presentation at 3.40pm on the final day of camp. Parents are strongly encouraged to be there!
Morning and Afternoon Tea will be provided. Please bring a packed lunch, and a water bottle. Lunch can be purchased from the canteen on-site.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact numbers, and a checklist of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers once they have signed up. The Sports Camps Australia health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8.30am - 9.00am Registration & welcome
- 9.00am - 9.15am Introduction & warm up
- 9.15am - 9.30am Aerobic activity group introduction team games
- 9.30am - 10.45am Drills & skills - basics of basketball
- 10.45am - 11.15am Morning tea
- 11.15am - 12.30pm Drills & skills - movement of the ball
- 12.30pm - 1.15pm Lunch
- 1.15pm - 2.30pm Drills & skills - shooting & passing
- 2.30pm - 2.50pm Afternoon tea
- 3.00pm - 3.50pm Game practice & consolidation
- 4:00pm Finish