More Important Camp Details
Camp is open and available to girl and boy riders between the ages of 7-16 years old. It is open to riders of all skill levels but you must be able to ride a bike competently before arriving at camp. Our camp provides instruction on and off the bike that will have you riding like never before in a short period of time whilst incorporating a fun and outdoor learning environment. Our coaching professionals are extremely stoked to help you take your riding to the next level!
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN AT CAMP
- Have fun!
- Setting up your bike properly
- How a mountain bike works
- Gearing and braking
- Weight distribution and body positioning
- Correct pedalling technique
- Cornering and traction principles
- Obstacles and drops
- Climbs - traction, line choice, gearing and pedaling
- Descending - body position, line choice, speed
- Basic bike maintenance
Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout camp. In addition, campers will be evaluated and then split up into smaller groups according to age and ability to provide maximum enjoyment for every child.
Camp Check-in: First day at 8:45am.
Camp Hours are: 9:00am - 3:00pm each day.
Camp Check-out: There will be a graduation ceremony at 2:40pm on the final day that all parents are encouraged to attend (location will be announced at camp).
CAMP MEALS AND GEAR
ALL RIDERS ARE REQUIRED TO BRING THEIR OWN BIKE and provide their gear, sunscreen and meals/drink each day!
In the event of wet weather you will be notified if camp is cancelled and/or rescheduled for the day/s and what your options are moving forward!
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers after completing the registration. Please bring these forms with you to camp on the first day as we will be collecting them.
- Skills areas including pump track, skills course, pocket park and jumps line
Bungarra Alpine Centre is located in the heart of the Snowy Mountains. We have approximately 20km of mountain bike trails professionally built by Rolling Ground Jindabyne that cater to all levels, as well as four skills areas that will help you progress to the next level. We are located only 5 minutes from Jindabyne, two hours from Canberra and just 30 minutes from Australia's premier ski fields.
- Trails signposted: Yes
- Toilets: Yes
- Water: Yes
- Mobile reception: Yes
- Carparking: Yes
- Overnight storage: Yes
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8:45am - 9:30am Registration and Sign In
- 9:30am - 9:45am Bike Safety, Bike Set Up and Helmet Checks
- 9:45am - 10:15am Warm up lap on pump track
- 10:15am - 11:00am Braking techniques on track
- 11:00am - 11:15am Rest
- 11:15am - 12:00pm Cornering techniques
- 12:00pm - 12:45pm Rest and Lunch
- 12:45pm - 1:30pm Descending techniques
- 1:30pm - 2:00pm How to climb like a pro
- 2:00pm - 2:15pm Rest
- 2:15pm - 3:00pm Obstacles and drops
- 3:00pm Finish
- FINAL DAY Relay race event prior to final presentation