More Important Camp Details
Camp will ensure that our students have a great time, enjoy the outdoors and learn ways to ride their bike safer and faster in a fun environment. Camp will offer both boys and girls between the ages of 8 -16 years old an amazing mountain biking camp experience.
- Setting up your bike properly
- How a mountain bike works
- Gearing and braking
- Weight distribution and body positioning
- Correct pedalling technique
- Cornering and traction principles
- Obstacles and drops
- Climbs - traction, line choice, gearing and pedaling
- Descending - body position, line choice, speed
- Basic bike maintenance
Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout camp. In addition, campers will be evaluated and then split up into smaller groups according to age and ability.
Camp Check-in: First day at 8.45am.
Camp Hours are: 9.00am - 3.00pm every day.
Camp Check-out: There will be a graduation ceremony at 2.45pm on the final day that all parents are encouraged to attend (location will be announced at camp).
CAMP MEALS AND GEAR
ALL RIDERS ARE REQUIRED TO BRING THEIR OWN BIKE and provide their gear, sunscreen and meals/drink each day!
In the event of wet weather you will be notified if camp is cancelled and/or rescheduled for the day/s and what your options are moving forward!
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers after completing the registration. Please bring these forms with you to camp on the first day as we will be collecting them.
Stromlo Forest Park has become hugely popular with mountain bikers, road cyclists, BMX riders and bike-loving families from all over Australia. Within the park, facilities exist for all forms of cycling, and riders of all abilities. A variety of trails for beginner to advanced riders, including the same tracks used for the 2009 UCI World Mountain Bike Champs!
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8.45am - 9.30am Registration and Sign In
- 9.30am - 9.45am Bike Safety, Bike Set Up and Helmet Checks
- 9.45am - 10.15am Warm up lap Ride
- 10.15am - 10.45am Effective Braking
- 10.45am - 11.00am Morning Tea Break
- 11.00am - 12.00pm How to Corner Properly
- 12.00pm - 12.45pm Rest and Lunch
- 12.45pm - 1.30pm How to Descend
- 1.30pm - 2.00pm How to Climb Effectively and Efficiently
- 2.00pm - 2.15pm Rest
- 2.15pm - 3.00pm How to ride Obstacles and Drops
- DAY 2
- 8.45am - 9.00am Registration and Sign In
- 9.00am - 10.00am Refresher of day 1 Skills
- 10.00am - 10.15am Morning Tea Break
- 10.15am - 10.45am Learning to "bunny hop"
- 10.45am - 11.15am Learning to "wheely"
- 11.15am - 12.00pm Learning to do small jumps
- 12.00pm - 12.45pm Lunch Break
- 12.45pm - 2.00pm Exploration Ride
- 2.00pm - 2.45pm Mini Race
- 2.45pm - 3.00pm Presenation