More Important Camp Details
Camp will offer both boys and girls between the ages of 8 -16 years old an amazing mountain biking camp experience. Our camp provides instruction on the bike and off that will have you riding like never before in a short period of time whilst incorporating a fun learning environment. Our coaching professionals are super stoked to help you take your riding to the next level!
- Setting up your bike properly
- How a mountain bike works
- Gearing and breaking
- Weight distribution and body positioning
- Correct pedaling technique
- Cornering and traction principles
- Obstacles and drops
- Climbs - traction, line choice, gearing and pedaling
- Descending - body position, line choice, speed
- Basic bike maintenance
Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout camp. In addition, campers will be evaluated and then split up into smaller groups according to age and ability.
Camp Check-in: First day at 8.45am.
Camp Hours are: 9.00am - 3.00pm every day.
Camp Check-out: There will be a graduation ceremony at 2.45pm on the final day that all parents are encouraged to attend (location will be announced at camp).
CAMP MEALS AND GEAR
ALL RIDERS ARE REQUIRED TO BRING THEIR OWN BIKE and provide their gear, sunscreen and meals/drink each day!
In the event of wet weather you will be notified if camp is cancelled and/or rescheduled for the day/s and what your options are moving forward!
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers after completing the registration. Please bring these forms with you to camp on the first day as we will be collecting them.
Purpose built to international standards, the Trail caters for intermediate, competent and advanced standard mountain bike riders. Whether in search of a relaxing or intense riding experience, the trail will provide the challenges and enjoyment you seek. The Wylde MTB Trail site is located in Cecil Park and Cecil Hills. It is accessed off Elizabeth Drive and is approximately 3km from the Westlink M7 Orbital and 12 km from the M4 Western Motorway.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8.45am - 9.30am Registration and Sign In
- 9.30am - 9.45am Bike Safety, Bike Set Up and Helmet Checks
- 9.45am - 10.15am Warm up lap on pump track
- 10.15am - 11.00am Braking techniques on track
- 11.00am - 11.15am Rest
- 11.15am - 12.00pm Cornering techniques
- 12.00pm - 12.45pm Rest and Lunch
- 12.45pm - 1.30pm Descending techniques
- 1.30pm - 2.00pm How to climb like a pro
- 2.00pm - 2.15pm Rest
- 2.15pm - 3.00pm Obstacles and drops
- 3.00pm Finish