More Important Camp Details
The football camp is being held during the school holiday break, hosted by George Lazarou from the Australian Youth Football Institute. George and his experienced coaching staff of the Institute place particular focus on junior development, assisting players at all levels through the use of carefully designed age specific structured development programs.
Marlborough College is a 90-acre site close to the Straits of Johor and just 15 minutes from the Singapore border, provides space for community life and access to areas of outstanding natural beauty through southern Malaysia and beyond. It is a site unrivalled for space and facilities by international schools in Singapore and Malaysia.
Sports facilities include full size grass pitches for rugby and football, a cricket ground, a full size hockey astro, five tennis courts, four squash courts, a double basketball court gymnasium, netball courts, 50m swimming pool, a 400 metre athletics track, a smaller junior pool, an indoor climbing centre, fitness suite and space for badminton and table tennis. A nearby lake and local nature reserves provide opportunities for local fieldwork and adventurous activities.
Camp Check-in: First day at 8.30am.
Camp Hours are: 9.00am - 3.00pm every day.
- Ratio: 1:10
- Players Grouped by: age, skill level, and years of experience.
- Evaluation: All players will be evaluated on the first day.
- Equipment Needed: Soccer boots, shin guards, water bottle and lunch. Goal keepers must bring own equipment.
- Facility: Campers train on grass fields.
Children to provide their own packed lunch/ snacks & drinks. Lunch eaten in shade with an indoor option if weather inclement
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact numbers, and a checklist of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers once they have signed up. The Sports Camps Australia health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am Warm up using coordination and agility skills
- 9:15am Ball Mastery
- 9:30am Passing and Receiving Skills
- 9:45am Rest
- 10:00am Dribbling Skills
- 10:15am Striking and Shooting Session
- 10:45am Rest
- 11:00am Crossing Drills
- 11:30am Possession Drills
- 11:45am Lunch
- 12:45pm small sided possession games progressing to large sided possession games
- 1:30pm Rest
- 1:45pm Mini World Cup Games
- 2:45pm Static Stretch and Team Talk
- 3:00pm Finish